In today’s episode of The Art of Passive Income, Mark and Scott talk with The Dream Business Coach, Jim Palmer—GetJimPalmer.com.
Jim has a long list of attributes, including:
- A marketing and business building expert and in-demand coach.
- The founder of the Dream Business Academy and Dream Business Coaching and Mastermind Program.
- The host of Business Coach TV—a hit weekly web TV show watched by thousands of entrepreneurs and small business owners.
- The host of Dream Business Radio—a weekly podcast based on Jim’s unique brand of smart marketing and building business strategies.
- Known internationally as ‘The Dream Business Coach’ and creator of No Hassle Newsletters, the ultimate ‘done-for-you’ newsletter marketing program.
In addition, he’s the author of seven books, the seventh in which we are going to talk about today—Just Say Yes: Create Your Dream Business and Live Your Dream Lifestyle.
Are the what-if’s holding you back from doing the things you really want to be doing? Well, what if you can create the lifestyle you want by just saying yes? You can and that is what changed Jim and his wife Stephanie’s life.
Jim’s Dream business allows him to do business anywhere, so why not on a boat!?
[bctt tweet=”We felt like we have lived a very safe, predictable life. The home, all the insurances, money put away for retirement, we got the kids braces—we did everything we were supposed to do. Now it’s like okay, we need to do a big adventure…” username=”TheLandGeek”]
Join us as Jim shares how he and his wife created the lifestyle of their dreams, living life on a boat on one big adventure!
Are there things they had to give up?
Jim explains that there are certain trade-offs they had to get used to, but the benefits of waking up on a boat every morning and watching the sun rising over the water make it all worth it!
Jim gives great advice for living without regret—You can’t change the beginning of your life, but starting today, you can change the ending. It’s a quote from a video he saw about people who were close to death and asked what their regrets were. Most weren’t regretful of things they did, but rather of the things they didn’t do.
This episode is full of inspiration and motivation that will have you wanting to live on a boat before it’s over… or following your dreams no matter what they are.
If the liveaboard lifestyle appeals to you, check out Jim and Stephanie’s blog at OurFloatingHome.com.
Jim tells us that the deciding factor for them to leave their safe and predictable life behind was a great quote that Stephanie received in her email—You are not created to arrive at heaven’s door in a well-preserved body. You are meant to skid in sideways in a big pile of dust, with a smile on your face and say, “Wow, what a ride.”
What ride are you going to say yes to next?
TIP OF THE WEEK
Mark: When you’re procrastinating or having a hard time starting, just do the metacognition hack, “5, 4, 3, 2, 1, go and do it.” Also, learn more about Jim by going to his website at GetJimPalmer.com.
Scott: When you have voices in your head talking you out of great things, simply make two lists:
- The What-Ifs—These are things that could go wrong or you feel like are bad.
- The Containment Plan—This is what do you do to offset the what-ifs.
Jim: Get a copy of my book, Just Say Yes: Create a Dream Business and Live Your Dream Lifestyle at JustSayYesBook.com.
Isn’t it time to create passive income so you can work where you want, when you want and with whomever you want?