Pam Goodwin is an expert in commercial real estate, more specifically, single-tenant leasing. And today, she gives us an inside look into her specialty, developing retail and restaurant pad sites.
Pam is a speaker, a number one bestselling author, trainer, success consultant and media personality in the Dallas Fort Worth area.
She is the principal and founder of Goodwin Commercial, a boutique commercial real estate and consulting firm specializing in developing retail and restaurant pad sites.
With more than 20 years of experience in tenant representation, project management, property development, and leasing, Pam is an expert at helping investors buy/sell property and build wealth.
Pam’s Bestselling Books
- One Cent Lemonade to Million Dollar Deals— where she shares sizzling shortcuts to get hired, stand out, take action and succeed as an entrepreneur.
- Winning Ways in Commercial Real Estate—the ultimate resource for anyone looking to learn from top experts in commercial real estate.
Listen In As…
Pam rewinds the tape and talks about how she developed her career in land development and leasing to companies such as Walgreen’s, Chase, McDonald’s to name a few.
It all started with the development of a couple little restaurant chains you may have heard of… Pam developed 50 Chili’s from the ground up and On The Border for the entire country.
Pam walks us through the development process in order of sequence:
- Identifying the right pad site
- Putting it under contract
- Then closing on the land
All the while, trying to find a tenant before it even closes. Pam doesn’t put anything under contract unless she’s 75% sure she could fill it because, she stresses that, reputation is key!
We also get into the numbers and Pam gives us all the details on:
- Cap rates
- Rent increases
- Triple net leases
And finally, the big payday—selling the investment!
With a 1-5 year hold time, find out what kind of numbers Pam could expect to get. Plus, Pam talks about how to mitigate the risks, which includes taking a deep dive into the due diligence and so much more!
What happens if this changes your life and you could make a couple hundred thousand or even a million dollars on one deal… How would that impact you?Pam Goodwin
Listen in to find out more about this interesting market that has left Scott Todd with some serious shiny object syndrome!
TIP OF THE WEEK
Mark: My tip is to learn more about Pam Goodwin at PamGoodwin.com.
Scott: Check out HabitualApp.io to track your habits and build routines. You can have multiple habits, set up different times to get your reminders.
- You’ve got to take action and don’t be afraid to team up with someone. If you just spent 30 days taking action, I can guarantee that you’ll find something out there. My website is PamGoodwin.com, feel free to reach out to me.
- I’ve been listening to an audible book from David Goggins, Can’t Hurt Me.
- We have a TV episode show called Learning Commercial Real Estate. Google my name under Propelio or YouTube you’ll find a lot of TV shows that we did.
- Check out the app Land Glide.
Isn’t it time to create passive income so you can work where you want, when you want and with whomever you want?