On this week’s episode of The Art of Passive Income, Mark and Scott welcome author and investor Victor Menasce to the show.
Victor Menasce is a real estate investor and developer, author, mentor, and engineering genius. His real estate journey came out of a need for change after spending 25 years in the high-tech industry. He started his real estate journey locally in Canada before quickly moving into the US markets. There he became aware of the prospects for additional investments and the opportunity to widen his network. Victor has managed to establish himself as a highly sought-after real estate investor and developer.
Prior to his success in real estate, Victor spent 25 years as the Vice President of Engineering at Wavesat. As a serial entrepreneur, he had the role of founder and Chief Operating Officer at Somerset Technologies. Also, he held several senior roles in marketing and engineering with Tundra Semiconductor.
Today as Victor enjoys his life as a real estate ‘big shot’, he looks back at his engineering days with a smile on his face as he realizes that for approximately a decade, 54% of the phone calls in North America were routed by a microchip designed by him.
Listen in as they discuss:
- Victor’s unorthodox journey into the real estate industry and his incredible ability to secure quality investors for any business venture.
- Building a responsible financial relationship.
- Charting an admirable business track record.
- Seeking out compelling opportunities.
- Creating perfect alignment between your goals for the money and your goals for a project.
- Forming mutually beneficial business collaborations to give your business the boost you need that cannot be gained on your own.
- Stepping outside of your comfort zone for the good of your business
- Being very specific with your investment goals.
- Assessing your environment and business associations to see if they are adding to your business or taking away from it.
- Understanding that there is a thin line between seeking opportunities from your network.
Business is a team sport.Victor Menasce
TIP OF THE WEEK
Mark: My tip of the week is, learn more how to raise magnetic capital, go to victorjm.com; start raising capital, start becoming a farmer and get the step-by-step way to do that, and start building confidence in raising capital because in our niche or in anything Real Estate you are eventually going to need other people’s money. This is how we are going to scale in life. Raise other people’s money, other people’s time and that’s how you scale.
Scott: People have different relationships with money, sometimes money scares you like you can’t talk about it. Some people are good at it, some are scared of it so check out this book The Psychology of Money: Timeless Lessons on Wealth, Greed and Happiness by Morgan Housel. If you want to learn more about money, build a relationship with it: it’s not about being greedy, it’s understanding that it’s a tool.
Victor: I’m the host of the Real Estate Espresso Podcast, like the Italian Coffee, it’s literally your morning shot of what’s new in the world of real estate investing. It’s a daily show, 7 days a week and so we would love to have you as listeners. These are short-form podcasts so the weekday shows are literally just five minutes weekend shows involve interviews with notable people from the world of Real Estate Investing and so we’d love to have folks that are listeners on whatever your favorite podcast platform is to our platform —Real Estate Espresso Podcast.
Isn’t it time to create passive income so you can work where you want, when you want and with whomever you want?